Congratulations on your Engagement!
A new year calls for a new chapter of your life together! Congratulations on your recent engagement! It really is such an exciting time for a new couple to become engaged and think about this next adventure you are taking together. Let’s start planning for your big day!
There is a plethora of information on wedding planning whether it be on Facebook, Pinterest, bridal magazines, TV, etc. Planning a wedding can be stressful and just purely overwhelming from all of the possibilities and opinions of your family and friends. Have no fear! At Sand Springs, we take a lot of pride in making this process as easy possible for you and your future husband/wife. In our first blog post of 2021 we are going to give you 5 simple next steps to follow after your engagement and how to move forward efficiently in the wedding planning process.
Step 1 – Share your engagement with your closest family and friends
- We know this can be tricky for newly engaged couples because you don’t want any one to feel left out, but you also don’t want mom and dad finding out via social media about your big news! Be sure to privately message, call or text those individuals about your engagement before hitting that “post” button on social media.
Step 2 – Narrow down a general guest list & budget
- At this point you will likely not be able to have a final guest list made, but at least putting together a general first list of your family and friends you would like to invite is a good step. You also want to sit down with your future husband/wife to discuss what your overall budget will be for the wedding and what you realistically can afford throughout your time of planning. If parents will be involved with any wedding contributions, we would definitely suggest sitting down with them as well. This will help keep everyone on the same page with regards to budget.
Step 3 – Pick your Venue & Wedding Date
- Once you narrow down a general guest list, you will want to also narrow down a few venues to take a tour of. At Sand Springs, we offer a personal one on one tour of our venue and discuss our pricing and upgrades in detail for your big day. Whether you decide to have both your We always suggest having a few dates in mind for the wedding or having a general time of year in mind. Wedding dates always fill up very quickly, so it is good to have flexibility when selecting a date.
Step 4 – Select your Bridal Party Members
- Whether you decide to have a small or large bridal party crew, do keep in mind all of the logistics that go along with being in a bridal party. This includes the planning of any bridal showers, bachelor/bachelorette parties and the overall support system you will have during the planning process. Being a member of a wedding party comes with financial responsibilities as well so be sure whomever you ask to be a part of your special day is up for the task!
Step 5 – Get Engagement Photos
- Engagement photos make for a cute “Save the Date” announcement for your big day, so you will want to get these taken after you’ve selected your venue and wedding date. Not only are they good for “Save the Dates” but also just to have professional photos done of you and your future hubby or wifey!